Thursday, October 12, 2006

Exerpts From an Interview with Bettie Page

From Indepent News, an Interview with Bettie Page (Excerpt)

"Then the 82-year-old icon drops a bombshell.

"I was always trying the best I could," she says on a live, televised conference call. "I've been told over the years that most people liked my smile. I used to imagine that the camera was my boyfriend and I was making love to my boyfriend through the camera." The living legend continues: "So, if I look sexy in some of the photos, that's why." For a woman who arguably paved the way for the sexual revolution of the 1960s, Page is oddly humble. In fact, her words are almost self-deprecating. "I wasn't that pretty," she says, directly addressing comparisons to her and Marilyn Monroe. "I never had good skin like Marilyn. Because I had sensitive skin I couldn't even wash my face with a washcloth because it would be red and blotchy. I had large, large pores and I used to wear pancake makeup to cover it." (Original Article found here)

No comments: