Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Bettie Page . . . Strike a Pose

Bettie Page Live Chat , Held 8pm CDT September 12, 1998 (Transcribed from Nashville City Search .... an excerpt:

Karen Essex (Moderator): Martha asks: Do you see people on the streets copying your style or wearing your shirts?

Bettie Page: I know that models have on the runways. They claim that I'm an instigator of a lot of the styles. I never kept up with the fashions. I believed in wearing what I thought looked good on me. Do you know that I have a good friend, I've never met her -- April Stevens -- she won a Bettie Page look-a-like contest. She always sends me pictures and videos, but she doesn't look a bit like me. the black hair and bangs is the only thing. If she reads this, she'll feel bad. I just though of that. oops.

Karen Essex: stacy asks: What do you think of Madonna? Why do you think sex sells?

Bettie Page: I think Madonna is highly overrated if you want my opinion. She has a very nice figure and is a good singer but has something to be desired with her looks in the face. Sex sells...it's been selling for years and years, again, it's highly overrated. There are other things in life besides sex. You lose your desire for it once you reach a certain age. though I still love to look at pictures of beautiful bodies -men and women.

No comments: