Sunday, December 24, 2006

Bettie Page Today ....

Bettie Page is in her early 80's and spends much of her time reading the Bible and listening to Christian music. She also likes Country and Western music and Westerns (her favorite movie is "Dark Victory" with Bettie Davis. ) Her response to the resurgance of her popularity is: “It makes me feel wonderful that people still care for me . . . that I have so many fans among young people, who write to me and tell me I have been an inspiration.”

Page rarely allows herself to be photographed because she wants people to remember her the way she was; a fresh-faced and a young beautiful woman. However, she did allow a photograph to be taken for the August 2003 edition of Playboy. Her hair had turned steel gray. Her face was fuller but still attractive and her eyes still sparkled. Perhaps most significantly, Betty Page is still wearing short bangs and smiling.

1 comment:

greg_deb1018 said...

Betty died in Key West Florida this week.