Monday, January 08, 2007

Supporting our troops .... Bettie Page Style


Want to do something nice? Help support our troops by purchasing this Calendar. It's for a great cause. To read more ...

A California woman doing a fairly innovative project to support our troops.

My name is Gina Elise and I am a 24-year old UCLA grad–spent my first two years at UCSD. I have just completed producing the 2007 “Pin-Ups For Vets” calendar fundraiser which brings in funds for hospitalized Veterans’ programs and also provides a fun pin-up calendar to hosptialized Veterans. I am hand-delivering calendars from donors to the Veterans in the hospital—and I also am sending calendars ordered for deployed military in care packages to Iraq and Afghanistan. Each donor who purchases a calendar receives an acknowledgement from a VA Hospital staff member.

The calendar, inspired by the glamorous pin-ups of the 1940’s, has received wonderful feedback and has been covered in newspapers and on websites.

More information is available at http://www.pinupsforvets.com/; learn more about this fundraiser project for ill and injured Veterans on the behind the project page.

No comments: